Foosball, a pub favorite, is played by people all over world. It is a great social game, which helps you reconnect with old friends, or even better, helps you make new friends. Even though the game is fairly straightforward, it can take some time to master, especially if you are completely new to the game. But don’t worry, by the time you finish reading this article, you will know how to play foosball.
Construction of a Foosball Table :
This game table has 8 playing rods which are used to push and pull. These rods have soccer men attached to them, which are used to kick the ball. The objective of the game is to use the men of your team to kick the ball into the opponent’s goal. The table is constructed out of wood or metal, and the playing field is made to look like an actual soccer field, and the men are incredibly detailed. These men are the main pawns which can make or break the game. Most foosball tables come with integrated cup holders installed, so that it makes your drinks easily accessible while being engrossed in the game.
How to play foosball –
So the first step to learning how to play foosball is to understand that this game is essentially just like soccer, but the table version of it. So it is a great idea to read p on the rules of soccer just in case you feel out of touch, or don’t know them at all. After that, study your table well. Notice the little intricacies of the table, and understand the functions of each of its parts.
To be a great foosball player, your physical and mental states need to be in sync. Like all sports, foosball is as mental as it is a physical game too.
- Buy a great foosball table, which has all the features of a professional one. There are tables of all budgets available, so you are spoilt for choice.
- Get used to using the playing rods. They are your playing equipment, and if you are new to the game, practicing is a good idea so that you can prepare yourself when your team is relying on you for that one shot that changes it all.
- Professional foosball players only have one shot that they master, so it is suggested that you do the same as well. The snake shots and pull shots are the most popular ones.
- Play with people who are better than you because that is the only way you can challenge and push yourself to do better. Take this opportunity to observe their playing strategy as well, and take what you think you can use to enhance your own game.
- Keep your grip on the handle gentle and firm, but not too hard. This will let you garner maximum speed and rotation on the rods and your soccer men. Keep your wrist loose and twist it to add that extra power you need to make a shot.
- While serving the ball, do make sure you serve it on the drop directly to the soccer men on the 5th bar so that you give yourself a chance as well when it comes to possession of the ball.
- Always play defense no matter what. This will help you stay connected to the game throughout and prevent you from losing track. Keep your soccer men moving constantly.
By keeping these points in mind, not only will you know how to play foosball, but you will also improve your existing skills a lot.