Table tennis, also known as ping pong game, is a modern game that is extremely popular all over the world. The game is controlled by the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), founded in 1926. Since 1988, table tennis has been an Olympic sport. It is loved by everyone around the world because of the small affordable equipment that can be used outdoor as well as indoor and it easily fits in most homes.
The official game is played on a 9 ft × 5 ft × 30 inches high playing surface. The International Table Tennis Federation requires an area not less than 14 m long, 7 m wide, and 5 m high for competitions. Whether you are buying it for home or any sports club, you need to know about it properly before buying it. The whole gameplay depends on the kind of table you are playing on. So let’s look at some of the basic features you should look for.
The first thing to look for in a table tennis table is the thickness of the top. Tops will range in thickness from ½” to 1”. The playing surface should be at least 3/4 inches or 19mm thick. Anything of lesser thickness will warp too easily and not give consistent ball bounce. Look for a medium-density board that offers a higher percentage of resin in the board giving better warp resistance and bounce.
Wood or Aluminum Play Surfaces
The majority of ping pong tables sold have a wooden play surface. This is great for most uses but is not recommended for outdoor use, excessive humidity, moisture, or temperature extremes. Weatherproof aluminum play surfaces have become very popular. This makes them completely weatherproof and allows for outdoor use. These tops are engineered to resist warping as well.
Fold and Store
Look for a table that folds up and stores compactly. This is the new addition to the tables that would make everything easier. Tables where the play surfaces “retract” into the central transport frame are more compact to store and safer when folded. Multiple wheels are also provided for better support and transport of the table. Wheels with locks allow folding up the table without it rolling away.
True Playback feature
Most tables allow you to fold up one side of the table into the storage position and use it as a bounce-back surface for solo play. Some tables have a wide gap between the folded upside and the net when folded up for playback. This does not allow for realistic playback because you have to hit the ball harder so it does not fall between the folded up surface and the net. Better tables fold up so there is no (or very little) gap between the vertical play surface and the net for realistic solo play. True playback is great for practice and warm-up.
This locking system in the table will prevent accidental opening or closing of the table because when the table is folded up, the play surfaces lock into position. This means they cannot fall and injure someone or fingers will not get caught in the seam between the surfaces.
Net and Post Systems
Well, branded table tennis tables come with a net system. They incorporate an integrated post system attached to the frame of the table so the net is always deployed whether folded or not so you are ready to play anytime without having to set up everything again and again.
Most table tennis tables require some amount of assembly. Be sure to check into what is involved. Most of the tables nowadays require less amount of assembly, and even if some tables require a pretty amount of assembly, then make sure they are providing an assembly guide book with it.
So let’s start with our main products and review them. You can visit the website provided below and buy them.
In This Article
- 1 JOOLA NOVA – Outdoor Table Tennis Table with Waterproof Net Set – 10 Minute Easy Assembly – All-Weather Aluminum Composite Outdoor Ping Pong Table – Tournament Quality – Indoor & Outdoor Compatible
- 2 2. Cornilleau – 500M Crossover Outdoor Table
- 3 3. Killerspin MyT7 Blackstorm Table Tennis Table
- 4 4. Stiga XTR Series Table Tennis Table – XTR and XTR Pro Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Tables with All-Weather Performance and QuickPlay Design
JOOLA NOVA – Outdoor Table Tennis Table with Waterproof Net Set – 10 Minute Easy Assembly – All-Weather Aluminum Composite Outdoor Ping Pong Table – Tournament Quality – Indoor & Outdoor Compatible
JOOLA Nova DX Indoor/Outdoor Ping Pong Table is a high-quality table tennis table that can be used inside or outside.
It is designed specifically to withstand outdoor conditions and use all year round, in all weather conditions and terrains. Featuring a 6mm aluminum plastic composite surface, resistant to warping and chipping,
Features and benefits
1) Joola Is A Trusted Olympic Table Tennis Brand, also has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment is designed for all levels.
2) Weatherproof Table With Net Set: The table tennis top is a durable 6mm thick aluminum plastic composite surface that is resistant to warping and chipping. The table has a rust-resistant, powder-coated undercarriage. It comes with an outdoor ping pong net set.
3) Quick Set-Up:
with 95% pre-assembled parts, it will only take 10 minutes to set up completely. You simply have to attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade table tennis net set for outdoors is a classic screw clamp design for easy attachment.
4) Playback Mode & Compact Storage:
Table halves 4-wheel trolley systems for mobility when alone or nested together. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one ping pong table half for single playback mode.
- Manufacturer: Joola
- Product Weight: 151 lbs
- Color: Blue
- Product Dimensions: 108.00 x 60.00 x 30.00 Inches
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Olympic trusted brand
- Quick setup
- Compact mode
- No locking system is provided
2. Cornilleau – 500M Crossover Outdoor Table
The Cornilleau features first Class quality in the category of Outdoor Ping Pong Table
This table tennis table has the power to make your game more smooth and powerful, as the care that goes into every detail is appreciable. With its sturdy, aesthetic outline, it has been designed for intensive practice.
Features and Benefits
- Top-quality – the table has the best features that make the ball bounce very well and play smoothly.
- Compact Storage – Easily store your ping pong table outdoor with the compact design that divides the table into two halves and two wheels are located in the center of each half; this helps to store it in a compact space and also transport it easily anywhere.
- All-Weather Net Set – Includes a weatherproof net set that is easy to assemble and protects it from any damage.
- Protection – it is made up of special aluminum which is weather and waterproof and protects the table from different damages.
- Dimensions: 107.87 x 60.04 x 29.92 inches
- Weight: 72 Kilograms
- Brand: Cornilleau
- Color: Blue
- Material: Polyester
- Manufacturer: Cornilleau
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Excellent Bounce –
- Safe and Easy to fold for Storage
- Easy Playback
- Galvanized Steel Frame
- Wheelchair friendly
- Adjustable legs
- No locking system
3. Killerspin MyT7 Blackstorm Table Tennis Table
The MyT7 Blackstorm folding ping pong table is a fusion of style, quality, and attention to detail.
The Killerspin MyT7 Black Storm will enhance your experience with outdoor performance with its quality aluminum-plastic top. The perfectly even and responsive, no-warping surface delivers admiration-worthy ball bounce for indoor quality play.
Features & Benefits
- Outdoor Foldable Ping Pong Table: The Killerspin MyT7 Blackstorm outdoor ping pong table will redefine your experience of outdoor table tennis playing with its quality aluminum-plastic top that will not let you stop your game because of the changing weather; it is weather-resistant.
- Storage For Paddles And Ping Pong Balls: it can easily store up to 8 ping pong balls and 2 paddles at each end of the MyT7 Blackstorm outdoor table tennis table.
- Foldable Solo Playback Mode: Fold up one half of the outdoor ping pong table and engage solo playback mode to train and practice techniques.
- Superior Design: it is made with an aluminum-plastic top that is 100% weather-resistant and waterproof, which makes it durable and gives strength to withstand the conditions, and can easily be maneuvered with large 75mm wheels.
- Dimensions: 100 x 100 x 100 inches
- Item Weight: 148 Pounds
- Brand: Killerspin
- Material: aluminum-plastic
- Manufacturer: Killerspin
Advantages & Disadvantages
- Perfect for outdoor
- Storage for paddles
- Easy Playback mode
- Superior design
- Not foldable
4. Stiga XTR Series Table Tennis Table – XTR and XTR Pro Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Tables with All-Weather Performance and QuickPlay Design
The STIGA XTR is one of the most popular and best-reviewed outdoor table tennis tables in the world.
It is popular for its innovative composite construction that offers a quality go surface.
Features and benefits
1) Thickness – This table has a 6mm thick tabletop made from an aluminum and plastic composite which is supported by a 38mm thick tubular steel apron. This ensures the ball to bounce evenly and consistently over the whole table. It’s resistant to rust and water and it also won’t fade if left out in the sun.
2) Strong and durable – The undercarriage of this XTR is very strong and durable with 32mm welded steel legs that the table sturdy. On the end of the legs, there are adjustable height levelers so you can adjust your table anywhere you want to set it up.
3) Foldable – When you’ve finished using this table, you can fold it up and keep it in any corner very easily. It has a unique chassis design where each half of the table has its caster beams, which helps in folding it up into a very small size.
4) playback setting – shifting from two-player or team play to solo play will be easy and smooth. The mechanisms for the folding playback feature are well-made and the playback board can roll away from the table.
- Dimensions: 9 x 5 feet
- Weight: 166 lbs
- Assembly time: 10 minutes (comes 95% preassembled)
- Surface thickness: 6mm Aluminum composite surface
Advantages & Disadvantages
- 6mm solid tabletop
- Strong and durable undercarriage
- Easy to fold
- Simple to assemble
- Personal playback mode
- Not the thickest table thickness; there are thicker tables that get a better bounce on the market
- Heavy (Quite a bit heavier than other similar products) which will make it hard to move.
Inculcating table tennis in normal indoor games have become very popular, it has shown a drastic growth in the past few decades. These are entertaining for every age group; from young children to aged members of your family. So these were some of the best tables for table tennis. Among all these we found the Stiga XTR Series Table Tennis table- XTR and XTR pro indoor/outdoor table tennis tables with all-weather performance and quickplay design as the best out of best. All of them are good but we found these very interesting and got good reviews from some buyers.
STIGA is one of the top table tennis equipment brands in the world. Having been founded in Sweden, they started making table tennis products back in 1944. Their products are hugely popular with both hobbyists and professional players all over the world because of their dedication to high quality and affordability. The relatively cheap ping pong table is ideal for casual or regulation play. Quality materials and sturdy construction make the STIGA XTR a worthy investment for your home and family. It will be perfect for your weekend family picnic or any casual party.
Leave a Reply